Navigating the Sale of an Insurance Agency

The decision to purchase an insurance agency presents a unique set of challenges and opportunities. This article delves into the key factors to consider when evaluating such a business proposition.

Purchasing an insurance agency involves analyzing the local market conditions, understanding regulatory requirements, and evaluating the agency's client base and financial performance. Prospective buyers should scrutinize the agency's reputation, its range of insurance products, and its adaptability to industry changes. It is also prudent to review the agency's operational systems, including its marketing strategies and technological infrastructure.

SoCal Mercury Insurance Book of Business for Sale

This business is offering a SoCal Mercury Insurance Book of Business for sale. They have approximately 1150 policies in force, with close to $2.4MM in premiums. The business has been in operation for 22 years. The facilities include an 882SF office in the San Fernando Valley, which is on a month-to-...

Location

United States

Price

$900,000

Revenue

$298,327

Cashflow

$214,935

EBITDA

SDE

Insurance Agency for Sale

This is an off-market insurance agency for sale located in San Gabriel, CA. The agency primarily deals with commercial insurance, accounting for 75% of their business, while the remaining 25% is focused on personal lines. The agency has a couple hundred clients with a couple hundred policies in forc...

Location

United States

Price

$800,000

Revenue

$370,000

Cashflow

EBITDA

SDE

Niche Portable Insurance Book of Business for Sale

This business is a niche portable insurance book of business for sale. It is located in Los Angeles, CA and was established in 2011. The business has been operating for 12 years. The book of business specializes in serving Jewish clients.

Location

United States

Price

$160,000

Revenue

$54,000

Cashflow

EBITDA

SDE

$48,000

Digital Commercial Insurance Wholesaler for Sale

This business is a digital commercial insurance wholesaler located in Westlake Village, CA (Los Angeles County). They have been in business for 2.0 years and offer most commercial insurance policies. There are no facilities as everyone works remotely. Seller financing may be considered.

Location

United States

Price

$230,000

Revenue

$160,000

Cashflow

$45,000

EBITDA

SDE

$45,000

Profitable Tire and Auto Service

This very profitable tire and auto service business is located on a heavily travelled major boulevard in north Los Angeles County. The spacious facility is the anchor in an attractive auto plaza occupying 3,800 square feet, has excellent drive by visibility, and features a large showroom with custom...

Location

United States

Price

$544,000

Revenue

Cashflow

EBITDA

SDE

Acquiring an insurance agency is a complex process that requires careful consideration and strategic planning. By focusing on the practical aspects of the sale and conducting comprehensive due diligence, buyers can make informed decisions that contribute to their long-term success.